View Single Post
Old 3 January 2017, 05:09 AM   #7
RW16610
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116710LN
Regardless to what anyone says I like to treat my watches like investments I enjoy(something I buy to use that hopefully increases in value some day). That would also include minimizing any losses if resale was to be considered. I've done well over the years and had A LOT of fun.

Breitling in general normally means taking a bath (a beating, more accurately) on depreciation if you resell a piece that was purchased new. I've learned my lesson with Omega about 10 years ago, buying new from an AD. If pre-owned is an option give it some thought if you're not 100% sure it's a life keeper (are we ever sure though?).

Now, if you do buy one new many factors can have an impact on the resale value and ease. Getting something that's more sought after in general can often simplify the process. The Avenger although more common might appeal to a larger group of potential buyers. The Hurricane is unique and limited but many may not be fond of the material used in the case and bracelet vs traditional metals.

There's never a way to know for sure but something tells me you might have an easier sale with the Super Avenger II. Just be sure before making the choice between the two and enjoy it to the fullest. The joy the watch brings you will be worth any potential loss if you did one day want to resell either one.
RW16610 is offline   Reply With Quote