Thread: ORIS or FORTIS?
View Single Post
Old 19 February 2010, 05:15 PM   #2
lorsban
"TRF" Member

Tough choices there. The Oris has a "tool" look to it while the Fortis has a military vibe. They're both sturdy watches so it's pretty much down to aesthetics and I really can't say what'll be good for another person in terms of aesthetics. But, if it were me, I'd get the Oris because I like the offset seconds and cleaner look of the dial.

However, the Fortis does have better visibility due to the large numbers/hands plus it has a Day display. The added utility has got to be a bonus.

Still, Oris makes great watches as well and their diver's models are real standouts in terms of style. So, if you like the style and don't mind the lack of illumination (compared to Fortis), then you can't go wrong here either.

Another factor could be resale. In my opinion, its probably easier to sell the Oris, should you choose to do so. This is always a plus since our tastes change all the time and having the option to sell your old stuff is a real benefit.

Just my two cents...