View Single Post
Old 1 September 2014, 02:06 AM   #79
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
Quote:
Originally Posted by JorgeCCW View Post
Thanks mate
I had the PAM 372 as well, beautiful watch but it didn't stick. Unfortunately when you sell you are gonna loose no matter what unless you have collective rare Patek or you bought at a great price and you sell at the right time. I can't comment in the Sentimental Value watches because I haven't experienced that situation. That's probably a tough one because you have watches lying there with little or no wrist time, and you have to suck it up. Alternatively put them on a safe on a Bank, don't even count with them as part of your collection. With my current mind set, I feel that 5 watches is already a sign of hoarding but to each it's own. What makes sense to me might not make sense to you.
Kudos
I don't know if you loose money when you flip it depends what you buy and at what price, I bought 3 Pams 1,5 years ago, 2 special editions, 82 and 28 and discontinued dial 233K "dot dial", all of them 100% unworn, seeing that I have a 6th sense which avoids me from hitting or scratching them, even my beaters, all of my watches are practically scratch free, a few micro ones at maximum so they are at 98%, Looking the resale prices on many sites they are worth much more than what I paid for them, 10-20% more, same for my Blancpain, got it for 9.900 euros when retail is 20.900, prices are minimum 30% more for mint when mine is unworn, I put it at 20% more, the only ones where I will loose a little are my Rolexes, but not so much as I got them for a good price, Daytona 116515 for 17.500 instead of 23.400, have a proposition for 16.700, the sub LN and the BLNR I should loose around 300-400 euros each, as for my other 3 watches can't sell them, sentimental value even if I don't wear them, the Cartier was my 18th birthday gift from my grand mother, the Omega Seamaster a gift from my mother, and the vintage Omega gold chrono was my fathers, so keeping them to pass on to my son
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote