View Single Post
Old 17 May 2018, 01:52 PM   #450
Glidelock
"TRF" Member

Watch: SDC4000, Sub LVC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidelock View Post
Crazy long Thread, perhaps too long. Halfway through it, I got hungry so I left and went to the kitchen to fix my self a sandwich. But then I found out that I'm out of mayonnaise so I went to a store. There, I saw the most beautiful woman I have ever seen in my whole life. But I'm really a shy person so I took up a three-year personality development course so I can introduce my self. She was very friendly and all, but unfortunately, she has a boyfriend. So I said, all good, I'm a mature person. I want the best for her and I harbor no illusion that I am the best person for her and she seems happy with her boyfriend, so I did not bother her anymore. But we kept in touch and we became friends and I got over my crush on her. Then she broke up with her boyfriend, we drank some alcohol because of it, I told her she'll be fine and I wished her well. I still think she's the most beautiful woman in the world, but like I said, I am over my crush on her. It was like five years already when I first saw her. Besides, I am quiet happy with the friendship I developed with her. It was more important than a crush. So we kept hanging out, drinking, having coffee, and all. I had a girlfriend, she started dating other guys. My girlfriend wants to live some other life without me in it, so I said, okay, I want the best for you and I want you to pursue your happiness. My lady friend and I drank alcohol about it, and she gave me the same advice I gave her when she was in that position and I became okay with the breakup immediately. But we were really drunk, so she spent the night in my apartment. I only have one bed, so you know what that means: She took the bed and I slept on the couch. But on the couch, I really can't sleep. Something was bothering me. So I tossed and turned for about three hours, then I finally can't take it anymore, I stood up and went straight to my room where she's sleeping. I approached the bed, gently sat on it and I reached for her shoulder to pull her closer to me. She stirred and woke up. She asked what's up. I told her, you know, the first time I saw you, I was Reading thread it got so long I left m iPad on auto-scroll so as it would advance to the end, and then got up to get my self a sandwich then went to the store to get some mayo then I got distracted by life that I forgot to Look at it again to see how it ended. She said, you know what, I've been wondering about a weird light from inside your night drawer. So we opened that drawer, and lo and behold, there's my iPad still on this thread and still automatically scrolling in search of the end this crazy long thread that with each new post, seems to leave us far more confused about what will happen then the post before it!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glidelock View Post
Update: As my lady friends face was illuminated by the light of the iPad within the night drawer, her sheer beauty over took my senses once again and I knew at once that I still did have a crush on her. So you know what that means: She could see in my eyes that I had been lying to myself and others in saying that I no longer had a crush on her and thus she knew that I had to have her, so she told me I must leave the room at once. Because I harbored no illusion that she desired me back and I only want the best for her..and also because she made it so abundantly clear that I must leave at once...I turned to walk away, when suddenly she put her hand on my shoulder and pulled me back with longing eyes. She took me many times until night turned to day. We laughed and giggled and played Dutch Oven until tears ran down our faces. Later, both with guilt and confusion about what we had done...we consoled each other and drank alcohol about it. I told her, although I enoyed herself very much...that it also left me confused as to whether I wished to continue seeing her, as I’m not sure anything could surpass what had transpired between us. And it seems fruitless to try and re-create the magic of a night in which deep intoxication as well as the subtle lighting of an iPad scrolling through a never ending watch thread set the mood for us to lose our inhibitions. She became frustrated and claimed she was confused and accused me of wanting to live some other life without her in it, so I said, okay, I want the best for you and I want you to pursue your happiness. My lady friend and I drank alcohol over it...and once again she seduces me and I fell asleep and upon waking I realize that she has trapped me because she keeps seducing me and we are married and on our third grandchild It was like Thirty-Five years already when I first saw her. In fact today is our wedding anniversary and for an anniversary gift she has given me a Rolex BLNR in which she thinks may have some value because the sales person had indicated this model was rumored to have been discontinued. Because I harbor no illusions that this rumor is any more accurate then fools claiming it’s safe to wear a Rolex in the shower, or that I no longer had a crush on my lady friend whom has trapped me into a life of fantasizing about Rolex watches and the history they represent, I decided to break out my trusty old iPad and research if this watch was in fact discontinued? Low and behold I came upon this thread and while I was trying to find out how it ended I got hungry and asked my wife to make me a sandwich and she explained to me that we were out of mayonnaise so she had to go to a store...that was three years and nine hours ago, or three years and one hour ago...depending on which hand of my GMT I read. I’m starting to wonder if she met someone else at the grocery store...maybe I’m not the best person for her? Perhaps I will have some alcohol about it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carry The Interest View Post
Hahahaha. Still killing it. This is the only post that should be bringing this thread back from the dead.
Yes...however now while having some alcohol over my admiring the good fortune I’ve had with my Rolex purchases, and not pretending that I was the best person for my lady friend, or that I still crush on her, I appear to have discovered that Paul...another member of the forums here perhaps has lured her away with his charm and the way he has coveted her with his fascination of her Growler!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul_I View Post
Yesterday I stopped at a gas station to get a car wash as it had been several weeks since I had my car washed, and it was really starting to show. While waiting in line I decided to pick up some bread and milk, and also see if they happened to have any sliced cheese for fish sandwiches for later that night. When I went in the store I saw that they had large advertisements advertising that growlers were available on site. I looked around and didn’t see any taps anywhere. I decided to just move on and started to check out. The girl at the counter started to ring me up and I asked, ‘Hey, where are these growlers at?’ She was very friendly and said they were behind the counter. She asked if I wanted one and I thought, sure why not? I originally asked for the Oberon but the keg was already tapped so I went with Lil’ Sumpin instead. She was able to ring everything up in a single transaction.