View Single Post
Old 5 November 2020, 04:30 PM   #22
sinkholeninja
"TRF" Member

Watch: Ocean 2000
Quote:
Originally Posted by asiparks View Post
yup, this- I don't care if a watch is unlimited or pseudo limited or limited-limited. if it's an attractive watch that ticks the boxes for me, i'll buy it.
Couldn't give a flying one what anyone else thinks or whether it's the eleventeenth LE of a Speedy that's "diluting the brand". it is such little imprtance in my everyday life.

Seiko have been around a while, they have greater visibility to their global operations and distribution than probably anyone typing on here, and would imagine that they base their marketing strategy on some sort of "data", rather than what some nerds on the interwebs opine.

If you believe you have some incredible insight that they've managed to somehow overlook, perhaps write their boss a nice email with a copy of your resume ?
There is no right or wrong answer here. It's simply a matter of personal opinion. I for one don't understand the necessity for limited/special editions, especially when brands overdo it, hence why I see it as a marketing gimmick. You think otherwise and that's fine too.