View Single Post
Old 10 September 2017, 04:59 PM   #7
Formulansx
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex,Omega,Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by tamiya View Post
nah mate, Pilot vs Lamy carts are chalk & cheese!
haha I collect Lamy & Pilot more than any other fancy expensive pens

The PilotParallel inks aren't necessarily super saturated, but they do feel thicker more gel like. When I refill with FP ink the Parallels aren't as gliding smooth.

You can refill the carts with syringe (yank out the sealing disc with tweezers, make them easier to refill) or I've used converters in Parallel too, think any Pilot convertor should be ok. Don't they come with the rubber bulb squeezy convertor? Supposedly meant for "cleaning" but it holds ink just fine.

I usually pull off the convertor and suck ink from bottle; mainly because I'm too lazy to go washing the Parallel in between inks
Yep they came with cleaning bulbs. I'll be sure to pull the disc on the next fill. You're right. Now that I think about it, the Lamy refill is much smaller. Bigger than international but smaller than parallel.
Day-Date President, Datejust (flipped), Bluesy 16613, Omega 14kt Seamaster, Seiko Cocktail Time, Seiko Alpinist, REC 901-2 (Porsche 911), REC TTT Escape (Steve McQueen Triumph). A few Bulovas, cars, and fountain pens
Formulansx is offline   Reply With Quote