View Single Post
Old 21 December 2018, 02:16 PM   #431
NewDorpNY
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mondie View Post
This is a great thread that I have come back to over and over again in recent years. My first proper watch was a 79180 with a white dial bought back in 1995. Unfortunately, I sold it around 2002 as we needed the money to finish our house In the early 2000's I dabbled in a few other 79180's with different dial configurations but nothing stayed for long.

A few years ago I decided I needed 'my' 79180 back and went looking for a white dial version (panda I guess its known as). Anyway, I could not find one that I was happy with, there were many more silver dial versions around so I figured it was near enough and bought one. Lovely watch but its just not the same and I never really wore it. Last year I decided I had to have a white dial and started watching the market for a good one to come up while also searching for a white dial that I could fit to mine. I never found a dial but finally found a nice white dial 79180, it should be here on Monday and I cannot wait! The white dial just does it for me but I reckon there must be 10 silver for every white out there, very difficult to find one.

Is this other experience, or have I just been unlucky?

I see you never got a reply to this post. I only know from my own experience with the 79180 white dial that these had both silver and black hands. I prefer the silver if I had a choice but I am sure the black hands are much better for mya ging eyes.
Thank you! I asked that question a while back.

Still love this thread and still loving my 94210.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
NewDorpNY is offline   Reply With Quote