Thread: Go grey vs AD?
View Single Post
Old 27 September 2021, 08:39 AM   #27
Jmaster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by moting View Post
Good choice! You were lucky to find one as this model was discontinued earlier this year.
Thanks. I was super luck with my AD as they actually had 2 - one in white dial and one in slate. I end up picking the slate for a more modern look.

Quote:
Originally Posted by azizu View Post
Good choice, you won’t regret going AD.
And for sure you won’t regret going with the 5146G

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thanks. I love the 5146 complication. So balanced.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CK9366 View Post
Only AD . No grey !!
Walk in AD aggressively , talk and negotiate the models to them you wanted .
Build the relationship !
Happy that PP make your personal details information to certificate and Swiss Pp data Center
I did negotiate and got a small discount and save the sales tax. It net out almost the same as a grey price with the exact configuration I want, but of course I could have save the tax with the grey too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
Yes, I’m sure that approach will work.

Ed,

If I was only interested in one Patek then I would find that model at the best price new or used.
If I wanted to buy other more difficult to source Patek models down the track then establishing a history with an AD would be the way.

E.
True, if I’m one and done, but I’m not sure about that. Plus the slate dial 5146 I wanted generally commanded a higher price at greys then other configuration and I really want a brand new watch so no “slightly used” discount. The AD already asked me what watch I want next but I can wait a little.