View Single Post
Old 15 October 2021, 09:07 AM   #10
FrenchBigCrown
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by geraldbnt View Post
Hello

I own a Patek Philippe 5035G black dial, it is an extraordinary choice in a collection.

This reference is unique, it is the origin of the annual calendar

These 37 mm and the weight of gold gives it a perfect presence, an exceptional watch for every day, it is positioned perfectly on a wrist between 16 and 18 cm

it is an underestimated watch, and which remains today the best value for money for a useful complication watch at Patek Philippe

I don't think it will stay in this price positioning for long ...

it is extremely discreet at the same time very chic with a suit and goes very well with a more sporty outfit in jeans and a shirt

it is true that the certificate of origin or a register extract is important on these watches

hoping to have helped
Quote:
Originally Posted by MadSpaniard View Post
FWIW, I previously owned the 5035R, which I enjoyed for over a decade, sold it a couple of years ago and got the 5205R.

It's a little small by today's standards at 37mm, and wears smaller than that due to the somewhat wide and concave bezels (btw, the 5205 also wears small for its size for the same reason, but it's larger to begin with at 40mm and much more contemporary - the 5035 may appear somewhat dated these days).

I had a few mechanical issues with it, had to go in for service once, and later started losing time by 12-15 seconds per day. The lume didn't last long and never was bright to begin with - on the other hand, I dislike lume in general, in my experience lume generally doesn't keep luminosity very long in totally dark rooms e.g. in a movie theater, defeating the purpose. So I prefer solid hands/markers).

Price wise, I imagine it could hold its value reasonably well if purchased aggressively - probably not much upside as it's not a rare or "hot" piece, but limited downside.

Its successor, the 5146, would be a substantiually better watch - but at a much higher price, so maybe not an apples-to-apples comparison.

Hope that helps a little. Cheers.
Thanks guys.
FrenchBigCrown is offline   Reply With Quote