View Single Post
Old 27 October 2015, 10:33 AM   #1
krlyuzh
2024 Pledge Member

1962 Rolex Submariner 5508 NCG w/ Original Box and Receipt

Up for grabs is a Rolex Submariner No-Date

5508 reference, the last one of "No-Crown-Guard" Subs

763,XXX serial number circa 1962 production. Watch was not shipped to AD/sold until 1964 as indicated on receipt.

Excellent vintage condition case with fat lugs and original chamfers. No corrosion or pitting. Serial and reference numbers are very clear and fully intact.

Dial is original, gilt and glossy. Nice patina on plots and matching tritium hands. Minor signs of aging and wear. Please note some type of spot by 3 olcok marker in one of the pics. You can see it only under certain angle as you see an example of next pic where is not visible. Please note by 3 minute marker, on chapter ring, was touched up in past from chip. Very hard to notice in person.

Bezel is original, brass, with original insert in excellent vintage condition.

Bracelet is a Rolex Swiss rivet with 80 ends and stamped '64. I believe the bracelet is original to the watch based on the records of watch being purchased in late 1964.

Caseback is in excellent condition, stamped II.62 and 5508

Watch comes from Sgt. G. Harris' estate and sold by his surviving family out of UK.

Original boxes, with 5508 sticker and matching serial number, are included with sale, as well as original "100/330" anchor and "330" Submariner card. Inner box is Swiss beveled box. This watch is also accompanied by its original purchase receipt from NAAFI (Navy, Army, and Air Force Institution) from an Army base in Malacca. The receipt states the watch's reference and serial number as well as purchaser's name and rank. Original guarantee paper was not found with the set.

This is an overall very original and collectible set.

My price is $29,000 shipped within US. I ship via FedEx w/ ParcelPro insurance so international shipments are not an issue.

If you do not like my price, make an offer, do not ask for the best price as the best price for me is the highest. I will not respond to best-price-mails.

You can reach me by calling or texting 757-749-9675. For international customer, this number is also for WhatsApp.

My email is KirillYuzh@gmail.com

Plenty of worldwide references.

You will have a 72 hour inspection period. Please return for full refund less shipping if it is not as pictured or described.

Follow me on Instagram @LunarOyster to see newest inventory before it goes up on my site or forums!

krlyuzh is offline   Reply With Quote