View Single Post
Old 26 June 2019, 01:01 AM   #21
ganand
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epanerai12 View Post
I'm sorry, but i have to speculate here on a local AD who also runs a sister company that deals in used watches. I bet if I call the AD right now, and ask for a BLNR 2019, or be put on a list for one, they will laugh at me, or tell me they only go to VIPs, or its first come, first serve whatevers. However, their sister company has right now 6 2019 BLNRs for sale at $21k+ each, some still with stickers and all with the "majority of time remaining on factory warranty". Im sure we can all put 2 and 2 together, and perhaps its just coincidence and totally legit (ie they acquired them from other flippers and weren't "self-dealing") but the optics are a turn-off regardless and it just seems shady to me. From a "do the right thing perspective" it doesn't reflect well on them from my eyes, but from the other standpoint, seems totally logical from a "maximize profit" perspective. Just a bad taste in my mouth.
Given you're in Philly, I'm guessing you're referring to Govberg/Watchbox? They've tried to address this in a few videos on YouTube as well as in a thread someone started here on the subject. Whether it was addressed satisfactorily is another question.
ganand is offline   Reply With Quote