View Single Post
Old 16 October 2019, 02:08 PM   #113
epicurus
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
This is what makes Panerai more fun now than ever, and makes Rolex collecting a bit frustrating at the moment.
I collect various brands and have always liked both Rolex and Panerai. Panerai is more fun now in many ways because I can pretty much buy whatever I want, and the hobby isn’t flooded with “investors” and “speculators” like it used to be. Most of those people have now moved to Rolex for now. To each their own, but I like collecting, not investing, in watches. It’s fun to talk about Panerai again because every owner likes their watch for what it is, not what it’s worth! Rolex is now filled with people buying “Hulk” and “Pepsi” only because they think it’s a good investment or want to brag on instagram
This hobby is filled with sheep who like to follow the herd. I did not like the new releases from Panerai, but it had nothing to do with collectibility. I certainly don’t like every Rolex either, and that’s okay.
To me, Panerai represents a unique style that is timeless! Now is a good time to buy
BRAVO! Agreed!
epicurus is offline   Reply With Quote