View Single Post
Old 17 October 2019, 01:08 AM   #115
Pattyb69
"TRF" Member

Watch: BLNR|LVC|PAM 911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravager135 View Post
I get what you are saying. I think Panerai did address this with smaller Radiomir models and the new Due line. A 42mm Radiomir is no less dressy than an IWC Portuguese 7 Day (which is a classic oversized dress watch in my opinion).

I think Panerai shines most in the 44-47mm range. Even as larger watches have gone out of style somewhat, Panerai shouldn't lose its identity. It seems as though the brand is looking to do too much with too many different materials and complications. These novelties are interesting and maybe even innovative, but they are largely ignoring the quality of their regular production models as you rightly pointed out.

I think it is ridiculous that we have so many Submersible variations in different case materials and complications, but lack a regular production "higher end" model in the 1950 case at 44mm. I know we have the 1024, but there's nothing in the 1950s case between 42mm and 47mm. The fact that Panerai withholds sandwich dials, domed crystals, etc from most of their entry or base models is a problem. People should be paying more for complications and case materials, not just to get the proper DNA of the brand.
I agree with this. We don't need more Submersibles. I'd love to see some nice clean 44-47mm Luminor/1950 models. Personally, I'd buy a 44mm PAM 372. That would be an amazing watch. And the whole snap on caseback, lack of sandwich dial, and spring bars on base models doesnt make sense to me either.
Pattyb69 is offline   Reply With Quote