View Single Post
Old 25 August 2019, 01:07 AM   #16
nb6326
"TRF" Member

So I don't mean to open a whole can of worms (and am happy to post on this topic elsewhere if that's appropriate), but after poking around these forums a little bit, it seems the general consensus is that prices are way overinflated lately. (I'm glad others agree... I can't believe 116610LV's, etc. are listed for roughly 15k!)

Do these inflated prices apply solely to BNIB watches that have been snatched up from AD's and sold at a premium, similar to ticket scalping, or has everything drastically gone up across the board (including on the second hand market)?

For someone like me of relatively modest means (I've literally been waiting 10-15 years for the point in my career at which spending thousands on a wrist watch is at least defensible), it seems like an awful time to finally take the plunge. With that said, I've never noticed a point at which values go down (at least for Rolex sport watches, and of course please correct me if I am wrong), no matter how sharply prices have spiked. Does it make sense to sit back and see if the market settles down before buying, or are these prices here to stay (at least on second hand 16610's)?

Thanks again for the insight!
nb6326 is offline   Reply With Quote