View Single Post
Old 26 August 2019, 07:11 PM   #107
Devildog
"TRF" Member

Watch: ^^^ for now
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakalwe View Post
Interestingly whenever there’s a discussion about this watch folk will always say “if you have the wrist for it” or “you need a 7.5” wrist to pull it off”. Yet by my count there are five owners on here (including me) who’ve ‘fessed up to having a 6.75” or smaller wrist. Which backs up the comments above about how the watch wears smaller than its measurements suggest.

Well either that or the five of us have some weird wrist/watch perception dysmorphia.

I don't think its a weird dysmorphia Sal, its just what our personal preference is

I tried on a 36mm Day Date (rose gold, black dial, RG arabics)

A beautiful watch (I love RG) but it felt and looked (to me) tiny on my wrist.

Had I taken a close up wrist pic I'd recon 90% of the comments would be that it was the perfect size. But it looked like a toy from my perspective. And my wrist is only 6.75 inches.

When I strapped my Sea Dweller back on it just felt right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmb359 View Post
Probably just that you have a different preference on what looks big, or what you like to wear. Wrist circumference doesn't always tell the whole story, as wrist shape and other things affect how it looks too. I don't think it wears smaller than it is, some people just like the look of a bigger watch.

To me it looks way too big (and too loose) on eijiboy's wrist. If he likes that though, perfect, thats what he should be wearing. Nobody needs approval from anyone here to wear what they like, and there will always be a wide variety of opinions on any watch topic like this

100% agree.

Present: 16600, 116509, Cartier Santos Green.
Devildog is offline   Reply With Quote