View Single Post
Old 9 November 2014, 04:03 PM   #34
michel33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG_TOSSER View Post

Movement, it's 25 rubies-

And after-

Awesome example of a watch with the correct serial number range of production and featuring a 25 jewels 2776 movement's watch that proves it has been sold within Europe, Switzerland, as the original papers show it.

This is the first example of such a watch I see that was sold in Europe, featuring a 25 jewels movement. Congrats.

This is definitely a rare (but still very affordable) bird, I have seen less than 10 of these 9401 round markers dial/snowflake hands for the last five years on the Internet.

I wrote to Tudor Geneva to ask some more info about my watch's history, and I received a letter that stated that, I quote, "for strict confidentially reasons, they were not willing to confirm or infirm if my watch,belonged to this special batch ordered by the Canadian Navy"

So I suppose that:

-They have the info and when they refer to "this special batch ordered by the Canadian Navy", it gives a clue....

What was a bit surprising is that the letter was signed by the Tudor CEO himself (!!!) (Philippe Peverelli), not only by a lower hierarchy executive of the consumer's service department.

That means someone did not want to take any risk and asked at the higher level if these kind of informations should be available for the Tudor's collectors and fans that we are... And the answer is surprinsigly a big NO, although brands like Omega, Patek or Breguet are not reluctant to provide vintage fans and collectors some extracts or their Archives that relate the entire history of their watches....

-
michel33 is offline   Reply With Quote