Thread: Stolen Rolex
View Single Post
Old 12 January 2017, 08:02 AM   #7
freefly
"TRF" Member

Watch: 4&5-digit Sub/GMTs
Quote:
Originally Posted by hylnder777 View Post
Hey TRF members, I just had my stainless steel 34mm date 15200 stolen. A customer at a Starbucks grabbed my arm and yanked it off my wrist, it happened so fast. I filed a report. It is serial U849299. Stolen from a Starbucks off of Magnolia and Tyler across from the Tyler Galleria in Riverside California at 8pm Tuesday eve.
Any advise besides filing a Police report, would be appreciated. Is there a way of contacting Rolex and report it stolen so they can flag the serial #
Thank you

Martin
Crazy.

The thief may try to pawn it, so filing a police report (with the serial number) was a smart move. Pawn shops have to eat it if they unknowingly pawn/buy stolen merch (when it is recovered by law enforcement). As a safeguard against that, many pay a fee to access the "civilian" version of NCIC called "Leads Online" (or that's what it was called years ago at least). However, it isn't required, so you may check with all of the local pawn shops in the area to confirm which ones have access, and to give the ones that don't a heads-up.

Other than the police report, and notifying Rolex, you might cross post it (with serial number) on other watch forums and social media platforms as well.

Good luck!
freefly is offline   Reply With Quote