View Single Post
Old 2 March 2021, 11:53 AM   #6
101031-28
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1665
I'd like to share my side of the story. I am a private collector with many decades of watch dealings with some of the biggest names on this forum, including David Williams, Tony Geha, Gagan Navani, Patrick Aziz and Sohail Habib just to name a few. I have been a member in great standing on TRF since 2009. The Daytona belongs to a close friend of the owner of the Rolex Partner Service Center located in Ormond Beach, Florida who has been a very close friend of mine for over 10 years (I used to live in Central Florida) and is the person who asked if I could help his friend sell the Daytona. I was not aware that it is not permitted to sell a watch that is not yours. For that I apologize. As far as this transaction is concerned, the buyer whom was very difficult and pushy to deal with, insisted almost to the point of harassment, I sell him the watch for USD 18,000.00. After many exchanges and multiple photographs, I agreed to sell the watch for USD 19,500.00 wire transfer, shipping Fedex overnight ParcelPro insured at my full expense. When his brother received the watch, the buyer contacted me saying the watch had multiple scratches on the bracelet. I contacted the original owner who reiterated that his watch was in excellent condition and that he had it fully inspected at the Rolex partner service center and was given the thumbs up. I offered the buyer to return the watch to me for a full refund, he declined. He demanded a partial refund of USD 1,000.00 The original owner agreed to a USD 250.00 partial refund to cover for a bracelet refinishing. The buyer refused that as well. I tried my best to please this individual. I am an honest collector with many years of happy deals. I honestly was not aware of this policy but I will most definitely never sell a watch as a favor ever again! This person has been a nightmare to deal with.

Ian Fleming