View Single Post
Old 10 April 2018, 06:14 PM   #44
tyler1980
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfoxer View Post
In all fairness, I do appreciate all comments as information is king! There's some great knowledge here.

I was looking into just content insurance vs jewelry insurance and both seem to come up pretty similar? Ripe seemed pretty decent value for money but pales in comparison when doing some contents insurance quotes.

I assume the difference is in the small print? Otherwise why would anyone not use home/contents insurance for coverage of a whole host of items vs just watches etc?

I read some state to cover watches/other high value items outside of home/contents but then some home/contents policies would be invalidated?? Such a minefield!!

If there's a key takeway from this thread - it's read the small print! Insurers don't like making things easy do they?
in general i dont like the idea of mixing high risk to be stolen items with my house policy. A claim or two and then your home insurer will drop you and IMO home insurance is more important. Keeping them separate is a hedge against losing a great home policy.

Fine print of individual policies aside, just a general view.
current collection: Patek 5164A, Patek 5524G, Rolex Platinum Daytona 116506, Rolex Sea Dweller 43 126600, Rolex GMT II 116710LN, AP 15400ST (silver), Panerai 913, Omega Speedmaster moonwatch, Tudor Black Bay (Harrods Edition)
tyler1980 is offline   Reply With Quote