View Single Post
Old 13 September 2016, 11:33 AM   #5
rockmastermike
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 1982 16750
Quote:
Originally Posted by TG3N View Post
Excellent review, and nicely illustrative photos - thanks.

You've touched on something that I've long felt to be the case - too many online reviews, both amateur & 'professional' just regurgitate the same obvious points or specifications. I much prefer reviews like yours, that are a conscious effort to highlight the subtle, tiny details that most overlook but which no doubt add to the appeal of a watch. Far better to add something personal & uncover less remarked-upon issues, than just hammer out the same old comments again & again that others have before you. Terrific stuff.

On the North Flag itself, I think it's destined to be a future classic - the first Tudor with an in-house movement & a display back, and so very different to so many other watch designs out there. The Black Bays & Pelagos get more praise, so I fear the North Flag is a little under appreciated, maybe, perhaps because its so uncompromising in it's toolish & individual look, but it's an example of how Tudor are smashing everything out of the park at the moment.
Thank you very much.
As you say: It is an under-appreciated piece that really shines....if given the chance.
rockmastermike is offline   Reply With Quote