2024 Pledge Member

Watch: my sig. ;)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kigan View Post
Amazing review! Thanks, Traveler!
My pleasure, sir - glad you enjoyed it

Quote:
Originally Posted by WatchFred View Post
can assure you the lume is hand painted on each and every piece (actually well visible on your 806, one of the less precise examples, especially the 5 is slightly "shaky", for the 765AVI we've re-trained the "lume painters" and reached an even higher standard).

also note the two cases may appear similar, but are actually different in every detail, compare shape or edges and chamfering on the lugs, the original AVI was slightly "softer", the 806 all razor sharp, duplicated on the Re-Editions.

we've tried to be as precise as technically possible in every detail (note all subdial hands are different, a detail you could easily overlook), any errors are my fault (yes, there are some miniscule errors on the 806, found none on the 765AVI yet, but I'm sure there's something I've missed).
thanks for the great review!
Kudos should actually all go to Georges for allowing me to define "only perfection is good enough" as the design credo for these watches, clearly not the commercially smartest decision ;)

an example of that is the fact that we've re-designed the B01 base caliber chrono bridge for the B09 we use in the Re-Edition line so we could launch the AVI with the correct 15-minute totalizer that all Co-Pilot needed, an investment impossible to recoup in monetary terms....
Fred, 1st off, welcome to TRF and thank you for taking the time to register and to respond to my post - quite an honor for me

Secondly, thank you for confirming the "radium-girls" theory* and for the additional info re. the cases. Perhaps I could've used the term "case blanks" or "case bands" only because they appear to be the same height & dia.
*Ok, Superluminova painters would be more accurate not to mention politically correct...

My pics certainly support the fact that both watches (cases) are different - just looking at this image (below) shows that the lugs are shaped differently. I just couldn't risk making the claim as using photos to compare two similar objects relies heavily on using the same exact angles between camera and subject etc. - something which I didn't think to "calibrate" during my shoot

~~~~

Re. sub-dial hands... I did not catch that but I'll certainly have another look-see through your IG account, Fred In any event, they look awesome as is!!!

~~~~

Please pass on our gratitude to Mr. Kern et al. - the difference between re-creating an iconic reference and producing a tribute (using an off-the-shelf case or bezel, etc) is like night & day and I hope that my post made this clear to the WIS community

Please keep up the great work - looking forward to something in 2021 - as you know, Fred, "aller guten Dinge sind drei" (“Of all good things there are three”)

Panerai 111 217 233
Rolex 16600 126600
Seiko SBGA125 SBDX001 SLA017 SLA025 SLA033
Tudor 5B GMT
Zénith A386ME
Other Mühle Glashütte S.A.R. Flieger Chronoswiss Tora
Travelller is offline   Reply With Quote