View Single Post
Old 14 March 2022, 06:22 AM   #33
nigelUK
"TRF" Member

Panerai 40mm with sandwich Dial

I met a guy today to do a watch deal and he happened to have on blue dial and I tried it on... it was a stunner. Couldn't believe it was the new Quaranta in only 40mm !

Panerai was where my watch hobby really took off in early 2000s. After some years and owning many Pams, I got tired of the brand and also the size become an issue. I loved the history, like we all do but lost the enthusiasm of lugging round a massive watch, especially at work, as its not the 1940s and I work in a site office.

Up until now most of the 'reduced size' Panerai's I have tried were either too thick or very poorly scaled down from the traditional. This model is perfectly scaled down and the best release from Panerai I have seen for years. I have a mr average 7.25 wrist and it fitted perfectly. Like a normal beautiful watch. This blue version is quite dark and subtle

I know most die hard Paneristi’s probably won't like it but this is the way forward to get Panerai back where it belongs. There's been some real abominations in the last 10 years or so, this is a step in the right direction.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9652.jpg (236.4 KB, 563 views)