View Single Post
Old 16 August 2016, 01:53 AM   #18
HoustonRoo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sea Dweller 116600
Newbie here. I bought a BNIB SD4000 2 weeks ago as my first Roelx purchase. I probably read every review and watched every video I could find. This aggravated my wife considerably. Then a miracle happened... We were driving along and I was talking about the SD again and she finally said "Just get it. Stop talking about it and get it. I don't want to hear any more about a watch."

So I grabbed my phone and hit "Add to Cart" on an unworn SD that I had been eyeing from Swiss Watch Expo for 2 months. ( I was happy to pay a bit more for an unworn watch with stickers still on it because this was a treat that I'd waited a long time to buy and because it's my first Rolex, I wanted it to be uniquely my own.

Ordered the watch at 530pm CST. ( 30 minutes after their store closes in Atlanta.) The watch arrived at 10 am the next morning which was incredible to me. I was expecting it the following day.

I am still in the awkward stage of not wanting even a fingerprint to get on the watch but I'm sure that will pass eventually.

Needless to say, I am thrilled with the watch and am convinced I made the right decision for my tastes. I chose this model for a few reasons: 1) It's just really cool 2) I liked that it's a little different from the Subs that I see everywhere. 3) I don't dive and this watch will never see salt water but I absolutely love the fact that it has a Helium Escape Valve and I love telling my buddies that this watch can go to 4,000 feet and still be watertight. (This is fun because my friends know I have absolutely no intention of ever diving with the watch.) 4) I wear suits frequently and love hat I can wear the watch anywhere.

Its great that I found this forum while I was shopping got the watch and now participating since I bought the SD. The downside is that now I already have my eyes on and am shopping for another Rolex....

My wife is a little displeased as my new taking points involve the merits of the Kermit and Batman GMT.

I'm hoping that my last strategy will work again and that if I keep ranting long enough, I can get another one soon.
HoustonRoo is offline   Reply With Quote