View Single Post
Old 10 November 2019, 03:42 AM   #13
linesiders
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: U Talkn Bout Wilis
Quote:
Originally Posted by Etouffee View Post
Thank you for a serious, legitimate response rather than an inane comment of pouring water on a watch (and that from a moderator - seriously?) Not amused.

Back to the question, as I’ve said: I’ve seen quite a few watches with pitted and corroded hands ( 60’s, 70’s & early 80’s) and it does not really appear to affect value which it seems to me - it should. My initial reaction is to stay away from these. Am I wrong?

Eh tu?

I will post the following in a very constructive and positive manner, hoping you, the new guy, won't take offense.

Don't get too worried about it. His response was correct and our very long term and helpful moderator was lighthearted - AND KIND - in his response and meant it that way. Several other knowledgeable people have responded as well. You, as the 2 post new guy asking a question, are taking offense to that. Please don't take offense. Instead, put'cher big boy pants on, pull up a chair, pour a glass and hang out.

As to your original question, moisture happens, even in a water proof watch, particularly with contrasting environmental conditions. Add things that do not make it waterproof (poor seals as mentioned above) and sometimes inferior metals - particularly in the 70s, add up to hands corroding.