View Single Post
Old 17 September 2019, 08:02 AM   #253
AlyRba
"TRF" Member

Agree with @speedmaster above. Although I don't own the 5711 blue, I was on 2 waitlists with a chance to get one in few months in 2017. That is until I saw the watch in person at a AD which was reserved for another client; I was left underwhelmed by the dial. It looked washed out grey in a brightly lit store. Fortunately, the store had a 5711 white and 5712 in stock for me to try on. Loved the 5711 white as soon as I put it on my wrist. Ended by going after the 5711 white later on. My reasons are slightly different than @speedmaster but I agree on the part that 5711/5712 feel inferior to 15202 in overall finish, bracelet, and the feel of the watch on wrist.

Watches that I tried at ADs after seeing them on forums but was left disappointed: Patek 5711 blue, Patek 5167, Patek 5196, GP Laureato, Rolex Explorer I and II, and Rolex OP.

Watches that I have owned but didn't live upto my initial impression: JLC Tribute 1931, my initial Tag purchases

And the brand that always surpasses my expectations everytime I have tried the watch at an AD: Almost all models of Lange
AlyRba is offline   Reply With Quote