View Single Post
Old 17 December 2018, 06:17 AM   #23
Sam Philip
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes77 View Post
Agree with you 100%!!!
And I say more: PP AD make some grey money with Nautilus and Aquanaut.
Think guys PP AD sell Nautilus 5711 to a grey market dealer and the dealer pay the watch use a privat person and give 5000€ cash to the seller! And with 5000€ give to the seller the grey market dealer worn 10000€ if he want to sell watch relatively quickly!!
Imagine 5000€ with no papers, grey money who arrive directly in thr pocket of the seller !! What seller want then to sell the Nautilus us who are just watch lover who go and pay the retail price?
I try to understand and finally I understand!
PP try to controle the phenomen but is too hard I think and maybe need some radical decision like AP when closed all retailers.
Highly unlikely this would happen in the UK, the UK distributer Rhone products tightly regulates the ADs. ADs are required to register all the Nautilus/Aquanauts with Patek when they sell the watch to the original buyer, if a second person register the same watch with Patek within weeks/months of the original sale the AD would be informed. If this is happening regularly at the same AD, they will have to answer questions from Rhone.

People putting down their names with multiple ADs and flipping the watches straight away and ADs asking for jewellery/other watch purchases to get a Nautilus do happen often but not ADs directly selling Pateks to the Grey market.
Sam Philip is offline   Reply With Quote