View Single Post
Old 15 July 2019, 07:05 AM   #8
lneidorf
"TRF" Member

Thanks to all for your responses.

I'm posting the best pic I have, which was taken with a smartphone. The watch looks much better than this. I should probably grab my real camera and take some decent shots.

I am not a collector or a Rolex enthusiast (no disrespect intended!). This was my father's watch and its value for me is entirely sentimental. That is to say, it is irreplaceable.

And so my interest in it isn’t tied to its monetary value as a collectible. That having been said, my father loved this watch and told me I should make sure that it is serviced appropriately. I just wanted this thing serviced, with the movement in good shape so that it runs well, without any aesthetic refurbishment. If it was good enough for my dad, it's certainly good enough for me.

Thanks for the suggestions. My mother had a great suggestion: contacting the place where it was purchased, Grays Jewelers in Barrington, RI. I'm based in Boston, so that's not too far away. My research on this forum and elsewhere suggests that they have a good reputation for service. When I spoke to them, their perspective was much like the folks on this forum. I think I'm going to let them have at it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20180225-191804-IMG_4441 resized.jpg (225.1 KB, 115 views)
lneidorf is offline   Reply With Quote