Thread: Paypal fees
View Single Post
Old 26 September 2019, 12:58 PM   #24
Mountain Time
"TRF" Member

Well, another option is to sell on Chrono24 and pay the 6.5% fee (of the watch price and the agreed upon shipping amount). But you do get the peace of mind that there is an escrow account holding funds until everyone is happy. I've sold on Chrono24, and bought here on TRF some very expensive watches.

I found actually talking the other person on the phone will help give you a good "gut feeling" if the person is honorable, or not. Ask the questions, listen to the answers. Are they believable?

It's a scary world out there with all the scammers. You just have to take precautions. I had a buddy tell me he videos himself at the FedEx counter showing the watch, placing it in the box, taping it up, and handing it to the FedEx worker (and getting his/her name). If someone were to accuse you of "shipping a brick" you can defend yourself with the video evidence. Ugh. What a pain. And yet, I haven't heard this would even be sufficient with PayPal or the credit card companies. Do they really want to watch videos? That would take actual work.
Mountain Time is offline   Reply With Quote