Old 1 August 2019, 03:39 AM   #10
dive_and_ride_1965
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex SD4000
Story and good lesson to everyone on my stolen SD4

Quote:
Originally Posted by iheartrolexx View Post
story?
Traveling from Abuja via Dubai to Hong Kong, all flights Emirates.

My fiancée got an upgrade to business. We are traveling to get married in HK (today).

Wearing my Eplorer II, the SD4, a gold chain, a Mont Blanc 2009 Unicef edition and our wedding rings in one locked pocket of my back pack, in the overhead compartment.

After landing I want to get a pen to fill the immigration papers, open the pad lock then no more pen, no more watch, but the Rolex green pouch still there, open the box of our wedding rings: all gone.

Could not beleive it at 1st sight, especially as pad lock was still closed.

Police and Emirates representative in HK told us it is happening on regular basis, few article on the web also mentionning the high frequency of mid flight thieves from middle east to HK.
Yes I did faall asleep during the (2nd) flight and yes went to CR also.

Cannot say where it has happen, from Nigeria to Dubai or from Dubai to HK as the pad lock was closed by me just after boarding check in Abuja (and eery thing was there at that point).

More than 25 years of extensive traveling in all shittier and best place of the planet, never lost a penny...

Looking now for a SD4 to replace the lost one...

Wedding rings were specialy made in Dubai in March this year, my jeweller is redoing them an in the mean time just bought temporay rings in HK...

Checked in HK for SD4, as usual in HK, rare watches are advertised (Chrono24) but it is just a trick from local grey market shops to bring customer in and sell them anything esle but the desired watch...

Watch out wour overhead stowed hand luggage.

Beware of HK grey dealers...