View Single Post
Old 25 October 2018, 09:21 PM   #148
MorningTundra
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ignace Worang View Post
Not sure it's dying in Asia...prices in Sing, Indonesia and HK are at premium compare to Europe and US. I've seen 20 something flashing their VR while driving exotic cars. If there will be a crash, the rich will eat up what's on offer thus creating relatively fast rebound. Actually this was the case after 08 crash according to one Japanese magazine. It have graphs of the Rolex prices based on models and rebound is relatively swift. Just a comparison, my 6980 recovered after 10 years to reach pre crash price while my simple P series 16610 recovered after 2 years going upwards thereafter.

Suggest they’ve become mainstream status symbols and investment assets. My original hypothesis being, the “hobby” may have peaked. The only “hobbiests” left have the means and connections to collect at the top end of the market. Those left scouring thrift stores and estate sales are pursuing a profit rather than a collection.

I’m not suggesting the market is dying just the “hobby” many of the old guys grew up with.

Sent from my cracked, broken hand wound phone. IG @morning_tundra
MorningTundra is offline   Reply With Quote