View Single Post
Old 26 May 2023, 11:45 AM   #14
VIVID
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610V
Was getting the shipment from Japan an ordeal?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tseg View Post
A few weeks ago I set down the path to find a watch with dual-purpose capability of both casual and dress-ware. I then decided to try to thread the needle and see if could also kill 2 birds with 1 stone and acquire my first Panerai. I knew I loved the Panerai font and wanted a sandwich dial. Beyond that, my comprehension of Panerai history and the model number rabbit hole was very pedestrian. What an emotional roller coaster during my Panerai immersion and search! Yesterday I finally pulled the trigger on a 42mm 574 Radiomir with black alligator strap in immaculate condition from Japan. I have had great success acquiring extremely pristine 2nd hand watch samples from Japanese dealers and hope the trend continues here. Now the wait begins.

Anyway, I have come across many posts suggesting this 11mm thick, 42mm watch will look very sharp on a 7” wrist, but can be dressed down as well with the proper straps. But, OMG, landing on this choice was, by far, the most grueling watch search I’ve yet made after a decade of watch acquisition. Hopefully, no regrets. Once again, first priority, was locate a watch that could work with a (black) suit but also dress down… being a Panerai would be a bonus. Let’s see where this goes.
Was customs a challenge and/or expensive?

Thanks - Sean
VIVID is offline   Reply With Quote