View Single Post
Old 7 March 2020, 01:45 AM   #974
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubshack View Post
You nailed it. I’ll take it a step further. I started working out of college in 2007. I got about 6 months of good times before the market collapsed and was lucky enough to keep my job through it. However, I’ve had one 1 great company Christmas party in my 13 years of employment...2007. It was cancelled altogether in 2008 and when it was brought back, it was to a much lesser scale (mid day so spouses don’t show, not as nice of venue, shorter time, etc.). Point being when a company (public company at least) sees how much money they can save cutting certain costs, it’s difficult to justify bringing it back.

What happens if employees are told to work at home for a few weeks or months and it’s found to be successful? The whole office landscape could change.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That's exactly it. Business will go on just fine without the conventions and physical meetings in the majority of settings. In fact, it might do better.

Transportation time is really inefficient in a lot of ways and many an employee has completely lost their #$% on company trips and gotten themselves fired...it's like uncaging wild animals with some of these peeps...all that expense and drama just goes away...

Now, not saying this is for ALL industries..etc, but I'm with you. A lot of companies will not go back to what they used to do.