View Single Post
Old 4 January 2020, 10:44 AM   #35
wb55
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iTreelex View Post
What would your advice be then? Even if armed with the knowledge of the coveted Zenith Daytona, unless OP is a hard core collector, most would say no. A movement doesn't make a watch. Even with practicality, a Sub and/ or GMT is way more useful. I got rid of all my chronographs for this reason. Who honestly uses it... really...

I wouldn't do it OP.
I have quite a few watches including BLNR, SubC, Explorer and DSOTM. If you want to be sensible and only have features you would use then the Explorer is the no brainer, no other watches needed.

I only use the bezel on my SubC to time calls, check parking meters etc. The only complication I use on my BLNR for the date, never for the GMT, as my Sub doesn't have a date.

We're talking Rolex here, not G-Shock. The use of the complication is nearly always irrelevant. Never using the chronograph is no reason not to buy a Daytona.

As for my opinion? As irrelevant as the chronograph complication, it isn't my money. I was just cautioning the OP as to how much the 6 digit watches are obsessively loved here so a rational view isn't one they'll get from the audience here. The opinion of Ken/Highlander would be one I would be interested in here as he has all the watches mentioned and is an extremely seasoned collector whose opinion will hold weight.
wb55 is online now   Reply With Quote