View Single Post
Old 10 October 2017, 11:04 AM   #33
Ruud Van Driver
"TRF" Member

Watch: Mickey Mouse
Quote:
Originally Posted by Saoirse32 View Post
I get it, I do. I’ve bought and sold many a watch, mostly at a loss (who has not lol). All I was saying is that if I had a chance to flip one and make a few bucks, no harm/no foul. I sold my LVc after almost 3 years of ownership recently having a pretty good idea people would be getting “squeezed,” and the person who bought it will enjoy it and probably make a few bucks in the long run. It goes both ways...I’ve shopped quite a bit, and maybe the market in Southern California is that different but obtaining one here for that discount was unheard of recently and this was a one time only thing- and only open to those in the know. I won’t apologize for being capitalistic but I do understand some peoples sensitivities when I comes to these matters. I love watches, and they cost a lot so I think we ALL would like to know (or at least feel better knowing) that our purchases hold their value or even increase once and a while. I’m sure I’m not alone...Sláinte!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Who wouldn't want to make a quick buck? I have no beef with that as long as it's above board and it's not at the expense of someone else (if someone scores, someone else loses but I think you know what I mean here). I don't blame you and I don't think many others here would either. However, if I can offer some advice (believe me, I'm trying not to sound patronising here which is not easy in written media) if you go down this road again, please think carefully about your delivery

I do hope you pick up a PAM though. I stick with my view that you should look for a 233. Wear it, love it, believe it. If you 'get it', you'll then see another reason why some of the replies you received on this and your other thread were a little, um, passionate. Each watch brand has it's fans and followers but none are more ferociously partisan towards their favourite as Paneristi.

On another point, having read this thread right through from top to bottom, I'm actually beginning to feel mildly concerned that Panerai could be heading down the same road as Omega. Perhaps someone can help me out here but Omega seem to be freely available from grey sellers here for prices approaching 30% off MSRP and the values absolutely tank on the used market. That tells me that they're either way over-priced to begin with or they're losing their appeal. Or both. I hope Panerai isn't going that way.

"Why should you allow an AD to shake you down, just so you can buy a watch" - Grady Philpott
Card carrying member of TRF's Global Association of Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
Ruud Van Driver is offline   Reply With Quote