View Single Post
Old 27 December 2012, 01:53 AM   #21
Token74
"TRF" Member

Watch: Too many!
I love my 16600 and I would say that the price is very good, not too good to be true, but very competitive. I paid £4.5k for my 2006 model recently which is about right for the UK...a 2008 model is up for £5.5k at my local AD.

As for it being an investment, I think it's a little foolish for people to say that you shouldn't buy a watch as an investment. I don't agree with that...as with any investment, there are no guarantees, but fine watches have proven to be a decent investment over many years if you buy the right one.

The 16600 is not a limited edition so it will never be worth millions, but as they have stopped making them and the Fact that the Deep Sea is not as popular with purists means that the SD has a very good chance of increasing in value over the years if properly looked after and serviced.

I like the fact that it has a presence on my wrist without being oversized, which is why I chose it over the SubC, I also like the fact that they are not as common.

Equally, I have friends with the SubC who much prefer their watch to mine...so all down to personal taste.
Token74 is offline   Reply With Quote