View Single Post
Old 21 June 2014, 02:13 AM   #38
improviz
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step
Quote:
Originally Posted by DamageInc.77 View Post
Again, just because it is policy, does not make it ok. I have spent a large sum of money on their watch and they deny a simple little bezel change. It doesn't go any further than that.

And Rolex are just as bad in that department as AP. I've not had these problems with many other brands, including Urban Jürgensen and A. Lange. The company can either choose to help out their customer or they can choose not to. AP has chosen not to.

Here is a photo. I am on my third bezel in 11 years. I've actually considered making a bezel myself in my cousins workshop. I've got the steel and all I need now are the measurements which I want to get via laser-scanning. I can buy a crocodile strap no problem. Once I am done, I'll have myself a Safari.

Actually imo Rolex is worse in this regard, per the examples I provided in my previous post. This is why I was puzzled: you seemed to be contrasting AP's service with that of Rolex, it now appears that this was not the case, a misunderstanding on my part it would seem.

It is unfortunate that AP will not provide you with a bezel, but as mentioned this is SOP with the Swiss watch manufacturers with whom I'm familiar, cannot speak to the other brands you mentioned but if they allow this it's great.

Very nice watch, thanks for sharing picture. Actually I think it looks better with the black bezel, and keep in mind that if you're prone to banging up the rubber one, unless scratches and dings really don't bother you, the steel one may not be satisfactory either.

That's one area in which SD definitely wins, it can handle more knocking around and still look great. Hard to beat those old Rolex inserts as if they get damaged it's a simple and relatively inexpensive matter to replace.
116520 white; 16613 black; 116710; 16570 polar; 16600. AP 15400; 15703. Blancpain Fifty Fathoms. Glashutte Sport Evo GMT. Omega Planet Ocean 2907.50.91; Planet Ocean Liquidmetal LE 222.30.42.20.01.001; Seamaster 2255.80.00. Breitling Crosswind, white. Panerai PAM 005. VC Overseas Chrono, black.
improviz is offline   Reply With Quote