View Single Post
Old 22 July 2021, 07:21 AM   #39
SDGT3
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43 Daytona Blusy
Born and raised in Socal. My kids were all born in Socal. Wife was born in Chicago and raised in TX and hates it here. Five years ago I said I would never think of living elsewhere but for the past year I've not only been actively looking at out of state, but out of country as well. We'd bring our business interests along.

Weather is about the only thing that is superior to other places in the US. Over population, over taxation, over regulation... it's not the place I grew up and if one really looks at the trend it will be infinitely worse in 20 years.

One of my commercial tenants called me today and asked if she could sub lease booths in her salon because she's having a hard time retaining/hiring employees. She's increased her pay $6 per hr and still cannot find people to work. Finding good employees is difficult everywhere for every industry, but Newsom just signed another $600 per person state stimulous bill to help him through the recall vote. Meanwhile other states are refusing the federal stimulous/unemployment checks to encourage people to come back to work.

Just to give others who don't live here a sense of the level of taxation, California actually had billions of dollars in tax revenue surplus during the pandemic while we were pretty much shutdown. As someone who produces and pays a ton of taxes, I don't mind paying taxes for services rendered by the local and state govt, but that's not the case here. I don't want to go on too long as my post probably has my frustration coming out.