Thread: Pam 671
View Single Post
Old 25 January 2017, 11:34 PM   #16
mfer
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by metdrdg View Post
Thanks for the kind words but I actually do appreciate the watch, otherwise I wouldn't be on this forum. I can't wear the watch because I have 6 3/4" wrists and most PAMs, let alone 47mm ones, look terrible on me. My "in" would be because I've spent a large sum of money with a jeweler who's also an AD. I've never purposely bought a watch to flip before but if I can get this one and parlay that into a watch I want that'll fit me I don't think that makes me a terrible person.
This (the bold) is the way the watch world works everyone, like it or not. If I was rich and buying tons from an AD I would buy and flip. Everyone talks about being high and moral, but we use greys and overseas deals to take advantage of exchange rates etc to get the best deal.

Thing is with Panerai, you never know either. They can destroy the value of a watch in an instant with the release of another. And with the slowness of the watch economy now, I think we'll be seeing more "hot" watches in an attempt to drive sales.
member#3242
mfer is offline   Reply With Quote