View Single Post
Old 2 January 2019, 05:39 PM   #58
rollyp
"TRF" Member

Watch: where your hand is
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexpatek363 View Post
I'm not being "defensive", but it's the easiest thing to predict doom around the next corner and, one day, you may be right. The best anyone can do is assign percentage probabilities to various outcomes. Despite widespread gloom in the markets, however, Nautilus prices are still rising.

I think you'll need to be very patient indeed.
Assigning percentage probabilities to these things is an exercise in futility as they cannot be quantified. KetaPatek is spot on in his assessment of the macro economic picture and a good part of this run up in watch prices is due to low interest rates and money printing. Nautilus asking prices have already come down from just a few months ago. Don't believe me? Follow prices on chrono24. The only way prices go up from here is if it gets discontinued.

Another interesting data point is there are now 10 5070Ps listed, when there used to be around 3-5 at any given time. Could be the stock market tanking is spooking some people into dumping their high dollar collectibles. As someone who owns both of these models, it's fun to watch them rise in value but the reality is that they can't continue this rate of appreciation and have probably reached a plateau for some time and in the case of the 5711, will come down, especially as the stock market continues to decline -- which it will.
rollyp is offline   Reply With Quote