View Single Post
Old 30 March 2020, 09:34 AM   #84
mjr24
Banned

OMG....here we go again with this absolutely stupid reasoning on here regarding scratches and polishing.

Would you be OK with your rear quarter panel dented in on your $100k car? I mean, it builds character.

It doesn't build any "character." It's a friggin watch, not a person with feelings. You paid $10k for the watch....whether you think so or not, it's a piece of jewelry just as much (or else we would all be suckers paying anymore than $10 for a watch).

Normal desk diving scratches....that stuff does happen and is nothing to fret about (just like swirl marks will happen on a car.....not a reason to get the car repainted).

However, actual DAMAGE should be fixed. A good polish by someone who knows what they are doing will probably erase 95-100% of the damage...for like $100.

I'd think it was odd if I saw someone with a beat-up $10k watch....I'd either think he was too irresponsible to take care of nice things, too rich to care about stuff like that, or he didn't care because it was fake anyways. I get if you went rock climbing in the Andes and got a little scrape....cool story. I don't see what character is built because your daughter accidentally dropped it. I've always felt this mindset of people on here regarding this is really odd....but these are the same people who think polishing it will melt 85% of the metal on your watch. It's not only insane but not backed up by any actual evidence.

Next, ask the people who replied on this thread who would pay the same amount for that watch with that damage as one without damage? Not one would do so.

Not trying to be a dick to others.....but this was an accidental drop that likely could easily be fixed....it bothers OP enough to post. I think he should just get it fixed and be glad the damage was not worse.
mjr24 is offline   Reply With Quote