View Single Post
Old 30 May 2008, 05:01 AM   #115
CPTL
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub Date; SS/WG DJ
Great thread. After being back with my rolices for the last six weeks, and switching frequently between my Sub and Expy-II, I definitely prefer the feel of the Expy-II. In fact, I dare say that I prefer the Expy-II overall to the Sub. The Expy is very comfortable and light--a marked difference from the Sub. I also appreciate the 24-hour hand. Overall, I prefer the black dial on a Rolex, and I love the contrast between the WG markers and the inky-black dial.

I had the Sub first, and when I bought the Expy my intent was for the Expy to be my casual-to-dressy watch, and the Sub to be my beater (so to speak) for all activities from working out to water activities, etc. And, since I spend a lot of time doing those things, I end up wearing the Sub more. However, I much prefer the feel of the Expy, and I believe it is rugged enough for any challenge.

If I were to recommend a model for the person who will have only one watch: Black-dial Expy-II.

16610 Submariner Date; D Serial
16234 DateJust SS with WG Fluted Bezel & Jubillee, White Roman Dial; F Serial
16570 Explorer II White Dial; M Serial

And Hers: 78240 Mid-Size DateJust SS with Domed Bezel & Oyster, White Roman; D Serial
CPTL is offline   Reply With Quote