View Single Post
Old 30 May 2008, 05:32 AM   #116
DSJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: your step!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CPTL View Post
Great thread. After being back with my rolices for the last six weeks, and switching frequently between my Sub and Expy-II, I definitely prefer the feel of the Expy-II. In fact, I dare say that I prefer the Expy-II overall to the Sub. The Expy is very comfortable and light--a marked difference from the Sub. I also appreciate the 24-hour hand. Overall, I prefer the black dial on a Rolex, and I love the contrast between the WG markers and the inky-black dial.

I had the Sub first, and when I bought the Expy my intent was for the Expy to be my casual-to-dressy watch, and the Sub to be my beater (so to speak) for all activities from working out to water activities, etc. And, since I spend a lot of time doing those things, I end up wearing the Sub more. However, I much prefer the feel of the Expy, and I believe it is rugged enough for any challenge.

If I were to recommend a model for the person who will have only one watch: Black-dial Expy-II.
Hiya Kevin - welcome home! I wasn wondering where you disappeared to. Glad the rest of your deployment was safe and you have finally arrived Stateside. Hopefully we'll be seeing more of you now?

Nice post on the Expy2, and glad you're enjoying yourse! I agree that this would be a great "only watch" for a great many people, if they only knew about it and appreciated it!
DSJ is offline   Reply With Quote