View Single Post
Old 3 May 2018, 07:17 AM   #11
riskwalla
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericg2000 View Post
Riskwalla, I'm in your boat as well. Ive been looking at rolexes online, reading this forum and popping in to an AD in Houston randomly to look around.

I too have nice bonus coming in the next few weeks and will be buying a Rolex. Currently I wear a Seiko SKX and have an older Tag Heuer I got as a gift many years ago. I don't want a SubC, I'm looking at the Explorer 1 and Date Just. I initially wanted an Air King but slowly changed my mind. What made you go with a DJ36 instead of DJ41? And did you get yours from an AD in the Houston area or here on the forums?
Eric. Sorry for the late reply. Early congrats and I hope your bonus is greater than even anticipated. I don't think you can go wrong with any Rolex model, but felt something personal reach out to me with the DJ. The reason I got the DJ36 as opposed to the DJ41 is b/c when I tried on the DJ41 is looked a bit too "showy" on my small wrist. I felt that the DJ36's proportion to my wrist looked more timeless. I was going to purchase mine from an AD, but found a new one on True Facet which felt like a slight risk, but I'm glad I did as I saved some coin. Good luck!
riskwalla is offline   Reply With Quote