View Single Post
Old 14 September 2012, 07:51 AM   #11
drhanson
"TRF" Member

After two months with the Exp II I'm kind of disappointed.........disappointed that I can't find anything that I'd wear instead of it! A great part of the watch hobby is the research and the decision process around "what to get next." This watch has really ruined that thrill of the chase because for me its the end-all-be-all sports model. If my next purchase was another Rolex sports model or even an AP or VC would they really get much wrist time? Probably not. That may change after a few more months but for the time being, I'll just be aimlessly searching for something that I find compelling but I might be better off just not looking for a while and enjoy what I have.

No issues with the watch thus far, accuracy is still between +1.5 & +3 seconds a day. I've got a two small dings on the 4:30 flat side of the case; both from door/door knobs. The bracelet on the outside of my wrist is really scratched up from typing on my brushed stainless laptop. When I noticed the scratches I put some black 1,000MPH tape on the left side where my hand wrests to prevent any further scratches.

Since I wear it all the time, showing signs of use isn't any big deal. I'll wait until service time to have those things addressed. I'm surprised it's not any worse for wear as I've whacked it hard on the bezel more than once, leaving no marks at all to the naked eye.

All in all I'm really happy with the Exp II.....almost too happy.........
drhanson is offline   Reply With Quote