View Single Post
Old 6 October 2019, 06:51 AM   #66
nick c
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistercoach32 View Post
First Nick, I wasn't trying to sell my Panerai for profit and I don't know where you got that from. Anyone who knows watches knows that selling a Panerai for any kind of profit or even coming close to breaking even is an almost impossible task. At no point did I even insinuate that was the case. I was trying to sell it or use it in a trade if at all possible because it was such a gigantic piece of garbage. I trusted the new movement in the 1320 was better than the old movement which had such bad reviews. That was my mistake. Unfortunately, 9 out of 10 gray's and trusted sellers backed up my evaluation once I decided to get rid of it which resulted in the largest % bath on a watch that I've ever taken in my life. The first gray's exact words were, "I can't take on anymore Panerai's because their quality has gotten so bad and they don't sell." I don't really understand why you'd get so butt hurt over something like that.

That being said, if you're trying to bag on me with your "wear your only Rolex and enjoy" quote, I will. I appreciate it. It sure sounds like a passive aggressive jab, but I could be wrong. At the time I decided to purge my collection, I wanted to go from twelve down to one because that's what I wanted to do. There are A LOT of guys in this forum that have done the same thing for one reason or another. I won't go into why I did, but I can promise you that financials had absolutely nothing to do with it as I'm guessing that's why you said I was trying to sell it for profit? At that time, I had seven Rolexes, an AP, two Omegas, an IWC, a Breguet, and a Panerai. I am no way bragging but rather showing had had more than one luxury watch and brand; and in no way have I ever displayed my collection along the length of my skinny forearm with open and empty Panerai, Omega, and Rolex boxes strewn around my floor to seemingly show what a big man or slob I am. Now THAT'S passive aggressive. I know my watch count at the time was 13 but I don't count the Panerai because I knew I was getting rid of it after the long 43 days it took up room in my safe. I'm not sure if you're trying to be passive aggressive because maybe you think I have no taste because I hate Panerai, you love them, and I gave my opinion? Is that why you have gotten to name calling and acting like one of the children in my kid's 3rd grade class? Are you trying to insinuate I don't have the money to have more than one? For the record, I do enjoy other watch brands and I have for many years.......just not Panerai.
OK Mister coach, so now that you had Iwc omega and Breguet and Ap you know that their resale value is crap as well. Cheers
nick c is offline   Reply With Quote