View Single Post
Old 23 October 2011, 05:08 PM   #119
moby33
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Omega/Seiko
Quote:
Originally Posted by superdog View Post
i take my watch off to type as i don't want to get scuffs.
Stop it, stop it, stop it. That is just crazy IMO...wear the watch, scuff the watch, live a little. It's not like you're talking about wearing it to weld buildings together...life is too short IMO to be that obsessive about minor things like scuffs. These watches were made to go anywhere, do anything, and look amazing in the process. I take pride in literally almost NEVER taking the watch off. Be it work, play, at nice restaurants or 80' under water...I want my sport watches to experience some sport, then grab a quick 'bath'to get cleaned up for a nice dinner. I didn't buy this thing to NOT be on my wrist.

Just tonight I'm proud to report I spent almost 30 mins w/ my Dremel & a buffing wheel trying to get a nasty rough spot out of a tooth on my Subs bezel (I slammed the hell out of it on something about 6 months ago and the sharp edge has started to snag on all pieces of clothing). I buffed it not because of looks, but merely to try and cut down on fabric catching on the jagged edge. The bezel tooth is now smooth as can be and there's an ever so slight 'battle scar'in the bezel. I'm not too worried...it shows the watch has some character & in the end it will be good as new when I send it in for my 5 year service.

What fun would it be sending an almost perfect, non-scuffed, watch in for service? It would return looking the same...and that wouldn't be any fun at all. Beat it up, enjoy it, then let Rolex bring it back to Like-New condition so the love of a new watch can start all over again.