View Single Post
Old 24 October 2020, 03:00 AM   #15
greengold
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmaggi View Post
Ok... the question is: How many of these watches will Omega ultimately make? And the short answer is: We don't know.

Tim Mosso of Watchbox said on his Youtube video the day it was released, that Omega will meet demand because they (along with all other Swiss watch companies) were hit hard by the COVID shutdown (factories, ADs & Boutiques) and they need to make up for lost $$$.

But what is the demand? 10,000? 20,000? I don't know. I don't think anybody does. This is a SPECIAL edition watch, not LIMITED edition. Does that mean Omega won't limit production? Of course not. Every factory has it's limits. We just don't know what that number is and we don't know for how long they will produce it. Will it be 2 years, 5 years, 10 years? We don't know.
It IS limited production..the head of omega production confirmed that on a video. True no one knows but Omega but going from past releases I suspect this will run for 2 years with 5-10k pieces. You have to factor in this watch isn't easy to make with the new movement and animated caseback etc.
greengold is offline   Reply With Quote