View Single Post
Old 23 September 2020, 11:10 PM   #37
chiscott_29
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS, Omega
Quote:
Originally Posted by boostafazoom View Post
Amazing.

How does it wear compared to the jumbo? AP has so many watches I'd love to wear, but the size of my wrist will only permit up to 39mm from my experience. I have heard that this model wears smaller? is that true?
I definitely think the Jumbo is a more "classic fit" in terms of overall size and proportion, at least on somebody with smaller wrists like myself. As a reminder, my wrists are 6.5" or 16.5cm, and they are flat.

Keep in mind "fit" is always subjective. I tend to wear larger watches and will always size up, but that's my personal preference and style. This said, I don't go completely overboard and I cannot pull off many Offshores.

I do not think the 15407 is obtrusively large though - This is probably an optical illusion to some extent with the openworked nature of the dial, but I feel it fits a bit better and wears a bit smaller than a classic 15400/15500.

If you want to go openworked, there is also the 15305 which is 39mm.
That is bound to fit better or more classically, however, my personal opinion is this model is not as impressive. Many appreciate the monotone nature of this one.
chiscott_29 is offline   Reply With Quote