View Single Post
Old 3 April 2020, 08:37 AM   #4899
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickettt View Post
Since I’m in the business, I wonder how many people even know what the N95 means. And if so, why does everyone want N95 instead of N99, as we wear in surgery.
N99 are much harder to breathe through than N95. Most people would take it off after a few minutes as they would find it uncomfortable, especially if they have compromised lungs.

If anyone wants to learn more than they need to about masks....here you go.

https://blogs.cdc.gov/niosh-science-...009/10/14/n95/

Standard surgical masks are good for capturing exhalation particles...which is the risk in surgery is infecting the space with what is coming out of you...not so much what is coming into you...that is because the theater is already sterile and everybody is wearing masks in the theater.

Now, we have have almost nobody in US wearing masks, so the N95 would be good at first (if you have one) as you need to worry about blocking all the nasty exhaled virus floating around from the unmasked masses. Hospitals do need this very badly (N95 or better) as their unsterile emergency theaters are full of virus.

As time goes by and more people wear basic masks, there will be a herd reduction of expelled virus load as the masks will trap most of it upon exhalation...that will reduce the need for 95% masks as there will be much less virus floating around. Think of it like a C Converter on car exhaust.

The mask narrative previously promoted by western countries and WHO was criminally negligent. Masking faceholes with something (anything breathable at this point) is really our only way to get out this in an expedient fashion. This was clear to me from day 1 of this. Crystal clear. Like a Diamond Bullet.

Good luck getting compliance now since 3 months was spent telling people not to wear masks...