View Single Post
Old 5 April 2020, 12:48 PM   #72
springer
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-MASTER
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan S View Post
As a member of the research community, I'm not so optimistic. We will have good testing in place, and probably treatments, but a vaccine is much further off I'm afraid. And IMO the virus will not be under control until we have a vaccine.

As I mentioned in my post, watch prices are the least of my concerns, so it's odd to quote my post and then say "Why everyone worries so much about the value of their watches ..." Sorry if I'm being sensitive, but I don't like being characterized that way, because it's not true in my case. I'm not concerned about the value of my watches, but I am legitimately concerned about other things, like whether my 86 year old mother will survive living in a COVID-19 hot-spot and if I'll be able to pay the people who work for me.
You did state, "If I were a dealer with a large inventory, I would definitely be thinking about getting some of them sold to reduce my exposure, and in fact I'm already seeing some prices dropping a bit" This thread is about vintage pricing and lowered prices being seen in the market.

This seems to me you were giving advice concerning market corrections which normally means downward trends and watch valuations. Sorry you're offended about my watch comments if they were misconstrued - I did write "everyone" in that one sentence and not "you." Maybe next time I should be more specific and write "a select few" instead of everyone.

INSTAGRAM USER NAME: SPRINGERJFP
Visit my Instagram page to view some of the finest vintage GMTs anywhere - as well as other vintage classics.